Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Can the fact that Im constantly have to dry my private parts

Customer Question

Can the fact that I'm constantly have to dry my private parts since it feels like and wet , specially during the night has anything to do with this diagnosis? My doctor says not to worry about anything.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Are you talking about the exterior or do you mean there's either drainage from your vagina or urine leakage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its in the outside . Yes it feels like water is coming from the inside of my vagina.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
But is there actually moisture that you dry off, or is this just a feeling you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Its a moisture that yes i can feel with my hands and dry off. I must wash and dry myself at least 2x during the day and at night it awakens me . Its totally different from when I urinate. I must use panty liners to keep somewhat dry.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Are you on any hormonal replacement therapy?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No at all. I'm 56 years old. Stopped my period in 2003 suddendly and without any symptoms of menapause; after that I never had any adnormal bleeding, discharged , odors. nor disconfort and this wetness feeling just started about a few months only.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
OK--I don't think it has anything to do with your cervix or the PAP results. Potentially it could be a vaginal infection but I'm sure your GYN has checked for that. Despite the fact that you may not think it's urine that still could be possible. Otherwise it may just be a flux in your hormones even though you stopped your periods years ago.