Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

Hello, i just got over a cold, but suddenly what appears to

Hello, i just got over a cold, but suddenly what appears to be a gland below my left jaw line became swollen and tender. it was slighlty painful the first day it appeared. Could my lymph nodes have gotten swollen after my cold had run its course? Or could it possible be something else?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 4 years ago.
Hi.
Its just an enlarged submandibular lymph node due to infection of the throat.It will be resolved after one week.
Nothing to worry about.
Regards,
Dr.Naeem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok - i was concerned because it appeared suddenly at the tail end of my cold. all my cold symptons were close to gone when it became swollen. dont the glands get swollen before?
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 4 years ago.
Lymph node swelling always occur when our immune system is stressed and combating with the infection .It can appear in the beginning and even as a last symptom of infection when rest of signs have disappeared .