Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

I experienced a throbbing pulse in my left thigh for about

I experienced a throbbing pulse in my left thigh for about 15 minutes after I got into bed last night. It didn't hurt, but the area was actually jiggling a bit. I never had it before, and it went away and didn't come back. I think it may have been a muscle spasm, but should I be worried?
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.

It can be due to compression of lateral femoral nerve. It can cause pain and further numbness in thigh region. It is not a serious issue and usually will get resolve by its own.
If you repeatedly get such pain, then it become important to check for blood clot. Also Electrolyte depletion like- salt, potassium, magnesium and calcium imbalance may cause such symptoms.
For the time, you can take Motrin (only if required).
I wish for your good health.

Good luck and take care.

If you have any other questions, please ask them.
Please click Green "ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work. Positive Feedback & BONUS are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I did have a migraine yesterday (I have been diagnosed with them) for which I took Advil and Excedrin Migraine and drank some caffeinated beverages. I wonder if that could have anything to do with this symptom.