How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16246
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

33 disabled. I have no help to get my house clean. I have

Customer Question

33 disabled. I have no help to get my house clean. I have a child who is 8 and a sick husband. Out of resources. My house needs to be cleaned. Dust is everywhere and needs to be sanitized. When I do it I end up in the hospital. My mom moved in to help us but now she is back home not well either. I need help. I can't afford to clean my house. I'm scared. I was put on a long waiting list for a volunteer service list but they never called back. I tried many things and just flat can't afford to move or pay anyone. I'm scared of the germs and I don't know what to do anymore. Help me.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
You have already done everything in terms of services.
But the fear of germs is unnecessary.
Normal cleaning is all that is needed.
I suggest you find a cleaning person who can come in once a month, or even twice
This is often 50 to 70 dollars.

The worst germs in reality are in environments that are over sanitized...creating more harmful bugs.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not scared of germs. I means to say I am scared of mold. Mold makes me sick and a cleaning person does not charge 50$ I have called everywhere. Again I can't afford the minimal 125 for the whole house. We have two showers and my house is bigger for my disability. The dust is making me sneeze and my sinuses hurt. When I personally clean I get sick. It's part of my disability. My husband has had four open hearts and uses his energy to maintain the yard. I can barely do laundry which is why my mom moved in to help. She also helped vacuum. We have two 20 year old cats that I can't give away because my son adores them. Therefore basic household cleaning I am unable to do at this time. I understand the fee of a house cleaner. I can get at the lowest a first time cleaning at 75 dollars and at the lowest 125 every other week. Once a month they charge more. I have researched this and I know there are more helplines I just can't find them which is why I reached out to u.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
What is your medical care then?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Medical care?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
How do you get medical care..where?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What kind. I get lots of medical care. I have to go get Botox injections every few months for my thoracic outlet. Scalene blocks. Being that I am on disability and have Ehlers danlos no surgery or physical therapy can correct my problem. The more I move or stress the worse my problem and the bigger my muscles gets. The bigger the muscle the more my nerves are pinched off which then causes blackouts. Stress is a major trigger which causes flare and hair loss. So I got to a lot of doctors to get my blood work checked and to make sure my body is ok. Rehabilitation medicine. I have a regular doctor I see monthly for evaluations. Two years ago if I wasn't granted disability I would have died. I just wore all my muscles out for the day typing this so I'm in extreme pain and my doctors have done so much already. Such as personally going to the courthouse to appeal my denial from social security by showing them a death letter. Now I'm stressed again and my neck hurts and my house isnt dusty and needs to be clean. I can't ask for any more family help. I have to fake being ok to my son everyday and my mom and dad can't do anymore.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
My suggestion is to talk with social services at the facilities you are involved in.
That might present more resources than you have tried for home assistance.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

Uh by telling me a list of resources as I asked. Telling me to check with my doctor is an obvious statement. I already have and he doesn't have a resource guide like this site is supposed to be used for
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.


Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. We don' publish resource guides. Never have. Resources are very regional and we can't keep up with what is available all over the world.


You should call Social Services in your area. They are the ones who have the resource guides. They will contact your physician for information regarding your condition and see what help you are qualified for.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh weird. I can show u my only other question I had written that showed me who to contact and how to go about doing so. I thought that was what this site was. I ask a doctor a question about what to do and I am advised where to go. I guess not a resource guide. Just some doctor support.
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

I read the other question.


Your local Social Services agency is who you need to contact. They will work with your physicians to determine what help you need and how to provide whatever is necessary.