Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Im a 45 year old male who have been using anti depressant

Customer Question

I'm a 45 year old male who have been using anti depressant medication for the past 15 years for help against hyper anxiety. Initially I used Zoloft and what a massive difference it made to my mental health. Well 2 years ago my anxiety levels started to sky-rocket and my doctor prescribed Cymgen with very poor results. The anxiety levels were always unstable and my libido were heavely affected. 7 days ago the doctor prescribed a new drug that have very little side affects according to the doc Valdoxane 25mg. For the past 2 nights I've slept max 2 hours and my head feels fuzzy and have these funny buzzing sounds in my inner ear. my concentration is down and have terrible mood swings. Is this the withdrawal symptoms of Cymgen or the effect of Valdoxane? All I know is that the doctor told me it will take 2 weeks for the Valdoxane to kick in and that my libido will return back to normal. How am I going to face the insomnia and fuzzy head symptoms?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Was the Cymgen stopped abruptly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the Cymgen was stopped Friday and I started the Valdoxane the next day.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
I think this is from the abrupt stopping of the Cymgen with not enough time for the Valdoxane to be on board. I suggest you call your doctor and let him know about your symptoms since he may elect to restart the Cymgen at a lower dosage for a week or so until the Valdoxane has had time to build up in your system.