DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.

What is an active homipathic active ingredient that is accepted

Customer Question

What is an active homipathic active ingredient that is accepted by the FDA to kill head lice.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
There is no homeopathic ingredient that the FDA approves for any purpose.

Homeopathic remedies are regulated by the FDA in terms of pharmacy practices and quality..but do not have indications.

Now, this is different from herbs and vitamins, which are not as regulated..and the FDA dose not approve any for head lice.

Homeopathy does not work that there is a remedy "for" something, but the case has to be taken and one out of many remedies that fits the case is used.

The ingredient in rid is permethrim in OTC strength..same with nix
This is approved for lice removal.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This answer does not make sense , I told you rid and nix did not work.
Are you telling me there is nothing natural and approved without chemicals I can use on my daughter to eliminate head lice.
That is correct
There are no natural remedies approved by the FDA
In fact if the rid and nix fail the recommendation is to go to prescription strength medications usually one applications..from the doctor.

Malathion, lindane and benzyl alcohol are all approved.

In fact, home remedies have continually proven to be ineffective.
good luck

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is problem, I tried everything even the doctors script. Ihey keep coming back . I do not like the drugs or chemicals in these products they could be harmful to my child and they don;t work.
My sister told me to buy something with enzymes in them that is natural and lice are not resistant to them. She bought something on line years ago that had no chemicals but enzymes and it WORKED the same day on her 2 daughters.. Do you know any products like this.
See this PDF
http://www.sierraclub.ca/national/programs/health-environment/pesticides/head-lice-fact-sheet.pdf

can not vouch for any natural product

Homeopathy can make the child resistanct to lice, but you need a classical homeopath with esperience.

Go to the health food store and ask for enzyme shampoos and try these.
good luck

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For a expert in homeopathic medicine or natural remedies you are dissapointing . I was a paramedic for 10 years and know more than you. In the first place Rid and Nix are dangerous to use. Lice have grown immune to them and they flat out don't work for most people. I tried both products for 1 month and every time they kept coming back. I called a friend of mine who is a chemist for a major pharmaceutical company. He put together a natural shampoo with enzymes and peppermint oil and guess what the lice were actually falling out of my daughters hair dead and i combed out the nits and NO MORE LICE, My nightmare was over.

You told me to try Rid and a doctor's script which my wife did and it did not work. I was poisoning my child . The advice you gave me was harmful to my child and did not WORK. I asked for an expert in alternative medicine with advice that would end my problem , you did not know. My friend who is a Chemist knew right away that RID or Nix were dangerous and don't work because lice have built an immunity to the chemicals over the years.

I asked for a doctor who knows homeopathic medicine you certainly do not qualify , my Chemist friend not only answered my question but ended the problem.

I do not mind paying for a true homeopathic doctor but I feel like you are not a real Doctor.

JR.

Hello
enzymes and peppermint oil have nothing to do with homeopathic medicine.
In fact peppermint oil will antidote homeopathic remedies and will render them useless.

I agree that the natural remedies are better and give you a reference before with a lot of these.

I did not recommend any allopathic remedy but simply told you what is used and approved.

I did recommend that you work with a classical homeopathy if you want homeopathy and want to prevent this from recurring....The peppermint solution will not strengthen the system to prevent this in the future, homeopathy will. Homeopathic remedies are single, high dilutions of substances, that do not have any of the original substances left..they work on energetic signals, not toxic at all.

You see to be responding to my first post but seem to have ignored my second post, unless you did not receive it..but i see it above...from about a week ago.
Remember that you are always able to clarify immediately if you do not understand a post or if more information is needed.

In any case..if your solution has worked out...great.
good luck

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.
Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.