DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

I have a few persistent cankers and sores on my tongue and

I have a few persistent cankers and sores on my tongue and am wondering what the best home treatment and/or non-prescription medication would be.

Robin Hardy [email protected]
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
These usually have to run their course.
There is no known effective treatment other than taking a pain medication..except for
Have your doctor call in a pill or 2 of carafate..make a paste out of a small amount of the pill..and use this as a coating agent....we have found that this will heal up cancer sores and fever blisters much faster in come cases.

Lysine cream is promoted by health food stores, but any effects are unclear.

In the mouth, tincture of homeopathic calendula [health food store can order] 5 drops in 1/4 cup of water as a mouth rinse appears to work well.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.