Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

33 yr old postpartum w a 7 mo old... past few days i hv been

Customer Question

33 yr old postpartum w a 7 mo old... past few days i hv been having chest discomfort... twinges, slight pressure and sometiems an overall discomfort whcih i chalked up to indigestion bc i have complained about pains in the past and my cardiologist couldn't find anything besides some begning palps and non specific t wave abnormality... i have been getting headaches this week as well as thought it was bc of my tight neck.. i also have pain in my left shoulder and parts of my arm for a few days as well .. i have a huge tight knot on my left shoulder and neck that i assumed all of this could be coming from bc i breastfeed laying down and it puts a strain on my muscles... but i just took my bp and it is 16/84 and seconf reading was 110/80... i usuallly run low..107/60 ... does this sound like a concern that needs to be checked? or an immediate emergency? thank u
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

You have a lot going on and this sounds like possible anxiety mixed with other physical problems so I would highly recommend a complete physical exam to get this evaluated and treated appropriately.
Thank you for your questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
What other question do you want answered - you need to have this evaluated in person - this can't be done online.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i know it needs to be evaluated in person... i just do not like anxiety as an answer, esp when i know that i am not having anxiety or attacks etc... i asked an opinion on what this might b or what avenue of dr i should see or if it sounded like it needed immediate attention..
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Well - blood pressures issues - should be evaluated as soon as possible - the knot on the shoulder - more likely just to be a musculoskeletal problem - and you can try to massage this out and use Motrin(ibuprofen, advil ) to help for the pain - this is compatible with breastfeeding.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for that response..... the bp # XXXXX posted... isn't the bottom # XXXXX? esp if i normally run low? just took it againwith a wrist cuff machine it was 99/77 and 110/81 and 116/83 and 90/60(this is my normal)....... is it possible the machine is just not accurate... any of these numbers dangerous? i know the usual is 120/80 i can not get into the dr until tmrw...
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
It could be the machine - and it could be time of day, and many other factors.
As long as your blood pressure is less than 140/90, you should be fine.
I hope this all helps, please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate