Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Ever since going into menopause a few years ago, I have been

Ever since going into menopause a few years ago, I have been plagued with excessive sweating. Not just at night...all the time!! Even my shins sweat. It is very uncomfortable because I also feel hot at these times and it is embarrassing when everyone else is bundled up and I am in a tank top sweating and hot. Please help. My doctor is not taking me seriously.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.

I am sorry for your sufferings. To make diagnose, you need to undergo a blood test to check for the level of the hormones estrogen and LH. Imbalance of hormone can occur after menopause. You may be advised hormone replacement therapy for curing symptoms. It includes- oestrogen and progesterone pills.

Also few medical conditions- hyperthyroidism, diabetes, menopause,glucose control disorders will cause such symptoms.
You should get blood test done for diagnosis.
You need a consultation with endocrinologist.

Good luck and take care.

If you have any other questions, please ask them.
Please click Green "ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work. Positive Feedback & BONUS are appreciated

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did say in my initial message that my hormones are not at even levels, my estrogen levels did not drop with the other hormones, causing an imbalance. Is there any other treatment besides hormone replacement? My doctor seems reluctant to try this.
Ideally before starting treatment, i suggest that you need to undergo few blood test for diagnosis. These are-
Thyroid function test, Blood sugar test, Cardiac test, Complete blood count.
Two types of tests are there for its diagnosis. These are- Starch-iodine test, Paper test.
You need products containing 10% to 15% aluminum chloride hexahydrate are the first line of treatment.
It act as antiperspirants. Also Anticholinergics drugs may be prescribed.Botox is also used for the treatment of excessive sweating.
You need a consultation of endocrinologist for evaluation and treatment.

Good luck and take care.