Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

a repeat of my previous questions

a repeat of my previous questions
Are you saying that you had viral hepatitis as a child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO a half hour ago i tried to ask a med question and was not replied to========my brother found out he had high colestersal a couple months before christmas and some new doctor here gave him crestor 20mg and he went into the hospital with kidney failure about 3 weeks ago------------i want to know if i could be a good candidate for giving him one of my kidneys and also i have to ask about my spider veins that have really started to show up in my left leg mostly around my knee and upper leg but also starting to show in my right--i am off work right now for a disc herniation and have been taking laser treatments waiting for a catscan
Sorry--just for clarification--I looked at your previous question and it started with saying you had yellow jaundice as a child. What I'm asking is whether you had viral hepatitis back then or, at least, have you had a hepatitis screen lately? And do you have any other medical conditions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes when my brother and i were in grade 2 yellow juandice was going around so we were taken to dr's office for shots but i ended up with it and had to stay in hospital for about a week my brother was good-----i gave my card number already!!!!!!!!!!!---for $38.00

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i want answers to my questions ---------am i a good candidate for giving my brother one of my kidneys and what would be causing my spider veins in my left knee and now starting to show in my right knee and in upper legs???
Well it probably was hepatitis A and that wouldn't keep you from being a donor. Even hepatitis B and C might not stop the donation. So long as your kidneys are fine, you aren't on more than one high blood pressure medication, don't have diabetes or lupus, a history of cancer, significant lung or heart disease, you should be fine as a donor. Some of the barriers are for the recipient's benefit and some for the donor--some people just can't afford to lose one kidney.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank you very much any reply for my spiderveins in my knees and now upper legs??? very curious my doctor is gone and won't be back for another 3 weeks
The vein problem is superficial and that won't prevent you from being a donor. It doesn't indicate liver disease or any other medical condition that would block the donation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well i read it could be a liver problem i am an alcoholic i drink alot of beer
That isn't really a sign of liver disease and of course blood work and a ct of the abdomen can evaluate your liver. That said, since the donor has to go through a mental illness screen, it is possible that your active drinking may disqualify you as a donor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank you i will have a check up and quit drinking again and go to my AAA group again for me and my brother---------- thank you again
Good for you--and best wishes. One thing (just for a smile)--you made a typo there, unless you think that a company that provides road side assistance for drunk drivers after they crash will get them sober--I know you meant AA.