Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have body tremors and they never stop . My Neurologist has

I have body tremors and they never stop . My Neurologist has me taking Topamax and it does not stop them. He increased the amount and it did not help. He said we could go one step higher if I wanted . I said no that I could stand it like it was. My arms jerk and my legs lose control sometime. He said that isn't caused by the tremors.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
What tests have you had for this and what exactly is the neurologist's diagnosis--essential tremor or something else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No test were ran . I went to him from another Dr. To find out what I had and he sent the information back that it was test were needed .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
So he never considered Parkinson's disease, Huntington's chorea, Wilson's disease, thyroid or parathyroid abnormalities--many possibilities before one settles on "just tremors" or what's otherwise known as essential tremor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I appreciate your time. No those things were never tried .iaccept what you have tried to. Find out. Thank You! Coweta
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Well, all I can say is that you need a much fuller evaluation and there are other medications to consider depending on what the actual diagnosis is here.