Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I take nurofen plus 2x day sometimes 4 a day due to neck pain,

I take nurofen plus 2x day sometimes 4 a day due to neck pain, I am also on a strict diet (Dr Simeons HCG) I have been on this diet for nearly the 40 days but have only lost 6 kilos and my weight fluctuates sometimes up to 800gms in a day!. My starting weight was 75.5kilos and up to yesterday morning it was 69.1, but thismorning it had gone back up to 69.9. I have followed the diet to the letter and have the correct ketone. Does this drug nurofen plus inhibit weight loss?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Except for perhaps a water weight gain, the nurofen would have no effect on weight. It may be that this is water weight gain from the drug, but I would also check you for low thyroid and high cortisol levels, either of which could cause a failure of this particular diet for losing weight.