Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I have an ophthalmology question: I was driving tonight after

Customer Question

I have an ophthalmology question: I was driving tonight after dark, I had great difficulty because there were bands of light shooting out from every set of headlights, brake lights and street lights. So if a couple of cars were coming toward me and one slowing in front of me my line of vision was obscured by multiple long bars of light. It was very disconcerting and felt unsafe.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
This is a common problem with people as we get older and this has to do with your lens in your eye - and you really need to see an ophthalmologist for this - and I would recommend that you do NOT drive at night until your ophthalmologist clears you to do so after this is corrected.
I Hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, and if you have follow up questions, please ask
thank you
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
i can not stress enough that PLEASE do not drive at night - you were probably lucky tonight that you did not have an accident.
This is something that can be corrected surgically - take care.
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you