Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

About five years ago or so I had become aware of these two

About five years ago or so I had become aware of these two bumps on the back of my head.. I noticedthese bumps one day when I was real upset and crying. these bumps kinda felt like some glands or something were swelling up almost ready to burst, the only thing that i could do for them was to hold my hands on them with only little pressure, because to much pressure seemed like would hurt them. Making myself calm made them ease up, slowly like a half hour or longer. eventrully they seem to go away except now they come back when im upset or crying. the last time these bumps came out was the other day and it was the weirdest thing, I had a headache the lasted three days a pretty bad one, but one the third day my headache had felt like it was going away, I had started to cry, just a little bit and those bumps came back. they were bigger and now even thow there not big bumps anymore its like i can still feel them, almost like they never went away completly this time. could you tell me please what these bumps could be ? or whats wrong with me? or have you ever heard of anything like this before? and without going to the dr. what else can i do? I do drink a few alcohale beverages daily and i smoke, and Im a 32 female. and im worried but dont or wont go to the dr.please help thanks
Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Are these bumps soft,red, painful?
How large are they?

What would you like me to tell you about them?
Please be aware without examining you it is impossible to provide a sure diagnosis
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
these bumps are about the size of the shell of a wallnut but like cut it in half, but they feel more like a soft ball when they are swelling, They are also squishy but kinda hard, and they do hurt, but this is a much differant then any other hurt i have felt. I hope this helps you answer my Q? thanks...Embarassed
Then they are likely lymph nodes or cysts,if they are not red or very painful, and if you don't have any fevers it is unlikely it is an infection, although only an examination by a doctor can tell for sure
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

lymph nodes or cysts? are either one serious ? or can i go the rest of my life with them?

You can go the rest of your life with them and they are not serious unless they become infected
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how could they get infected there inside my skull?
If you have an upper respiratory infection it can spread through your blood stream
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much I feel way better, but one more thing if they get infected then what could happen?

Then you would likely need antibiotics if they got infected