Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

If I have an allergy to peanuts and/or tree nuts, are oregano

If I have an allergy to peanuts and/or tree nuts, are oregano and basel, and other spices safe? What about beans, like black or kidney beans? Baked beans? Thanks

Chris
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Have you ever had oregano, basil, beans?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have, probably with and without knowing it. But i was just having some salad with OBVIOUS oregano now, so it worried me.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Well unlikely you will be allergic to basil, oregano, or even beans because in your life you have more than likely have had each of these if you have had pizza and Mexican food.
I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, if you have additional questions please ask,
Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well, the weird thing is, I also ate nuts all my life, and peanuts even, and the test showed i was allergic. So im now i am unsure and question all food groups.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Well peanuts and nuts are a very strange food group and we find that people develop allergies to these peanuts and nuts over time and many times even kids who were allergic to them are no longer allergic after many years later.
I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, THANK YOU
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but you think i would be safe with oregano and beans? and other spices, herbs, etc...?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I do - because you really do NOT see allergies to these foods and other spices.
Please click on ACCEPT for answering your questions, thank you and a bonus would be appreciated, thank you