Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I took a plan b pill a couple days before my period and never

Customer Question

I took a plan b pill a couple days before my period and never got my period hadn't had one for 2 months ... Went to the doctor and she started me back on my birth control pills ended up coming on and now this is going on my 3rd week on my period. What is Going on with me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.

As the plan b pills contain hormones,so taking it may cause disturbance in cycle because of hormonal changes.Also as you have taken birth control pills,that also contains hormones,has caused further fluctuations in hormones.

It normally takes 2-3 cycles for your menstrual cycle to come back on track & have normal amount & duration of bleeding.So I advice you to continue the pills as prescribed & keep an eye of observation.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your gyne doctor again for some hormonal testing & examination.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.