Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

i have a dvt in my calf, have been put on thinners, inr was

i have a dvt in my calf, have been put on thinners, inr was 2.5 yesterday, question, in bed this morning i bumped just above my eye brow with my wrist, but it made a bang against my head, not hard but enough to make me think.
Question is, now that I am on blood thinners what would warrent going to the doctors if you hit/bump your head, I don't want to jump to conclusion everytime i might slightly bump my head. also at what point is your inr high enough that it would up the chance of bleeding?
Well, any higher INR increases your chance at bleeding in the brain.

But it still would take a considerable injury, and not something like what you describe. Also, the fact that this happened this morning, and you are still feeling fine is a good sign, as any serious bleeding in the brain would have made itself known by know (with worsening headache, nausea/vomiting, confusion, weakness, etc).

If you have a serious injury to the head -- falling down steps and hitting your head, car accidents, hitting your head hard enough to lose consciousness -- then I would definitely get checked out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that's what i figured, im new to this, but there has been no headache or anything out of the ordinary.

thanks for your time

You're welcome.