Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

i had a reaction to just for mens color gel on my face. what

i had a reaction to just for mens color gel on my face. what do i do
What sort of reaction and are you saying it's only where the gel came in contact with your face?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
on the chin area,red and puffy, i tried just for mens gel for coloring the gray out, i have since shaved th e beard off and washed it out within 10 hours. it was made just for beards and mustaches
OK--obviously a contact dermatitis and nothing too serious. For now I suggest either benadryl or Claritin by mouth, calendula cream to the area after icing it down, and washing with a gentle hypoallergenic soap. No shaving until this clears up. It shouldn't take to long, but sometimes these areas can become secondarily infected or just not respond and then you might need either antibiotics or oral prednisone.