Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

My one year old daughter is having severAl surgeries to have

My one year old daughter is having severAl surgeries to have a Nevis audacious removed from her scalp. for the procedure, they give her morphine. once she wakes up, she's supposed to drink penalize to repudiate her and give her electrolytes. however, she gets violently ill and regurgitates all liquids, and ultimately bile. what can i give her or do for her to ease her recovery from the morphine?
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer for your question.

Is the doctor or anesthetist aware that she is having such a strong reaction to the morphine (nausea and violent vomiting)? They need to be advised of this so that they can provide her either a different medication for anesthesia, or provide her with anti nausea medication.

Please reply to this post if you have already discussed this with them and let me know what they advised you so that I can understand the situation better and continue to help you.