Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I am a professional fencing coach. Fencing lessons are completely

I am a professional fencing coach. Fencing lessons are completely interactive and I'm working five hours a night using my right (sometimes left arm/hand). I have had a burning sensation in my right arm and shoulder for the last few weeks. The right Deltoid is particularly sensitive. I was on statins for over 25 years. Recently I was switched to Gemfibrozil because of very high tryglicerides. I am off the Lipitor because of the possible synergy of the two drugs causing Rhabdomyolysis. I was on both Trilipix and Lipitor 40 mg qd for years. I never had any problems with the two. About a year ago, I went off the Lipitor and stayed on the Tricor due to the latest literature. Is it possible/probable that this is what is happening with my arms? I'm on Etodolac 400 mg q6. I'm feeling better but would likec to know if I need to take further action re Rhabdo.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Did you see doctor?

Did you have any test?

How is your urine?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have seen both my neurologist and cardiologist. They have not expressed concern about this, but the cardiologist still has patients on both fibrates and statins. I do not want to take that risk. My urine appears to be normal. I have not had any bloodwork done in a while. I have an Rx for lipids and liver enzymes. Is there another test that should be done?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the information,

The burning sensation does not seem to be due to rhabdomyolysis.

This can be due to pinching of nerve.

Still you can discuss with your doctor & take a CK test.

In muscle damage it will be raised.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.