Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

Im a 49 year old women who wants to become a phlebotomist.

I'm a 49 year old women who wants to become a phlebotomist. I am single and have had numerous people tell me there are all kinds of grants, etc. out ther for people like me. Where?? I have researched exhaustivly and come up with nada. I have some college background, but lost job in Grocery Management and want to go into the health field.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

These days there are actually more women than men attending school, so there may not be quite as many as there were a few years back.

Yet there are still women and minority scholarship funds.

I cannot tell you if you will find one for phlebotomy in particular, but besides looking through the government listing of scholarships I am providing you, you will want to check at the schools you are considering attending.

Most schools will have a financial aid department and they will have a list of grants or scholarships available, and many times the form and brochures.

Otherwise, look over this list, this is probably the best there is:

(you will need to copy the link and paste it to your browser)

Please reply to this post if you have further questions on this.
Hello, I read your feed back statement. I'm not sure why you feel at a standstill. Do you mean procrastination, or low confidence? If so you might benefit from some coaching or even counseling. If you are finding it hard to get started, perhaps you can make a goal to call one school a day, or send for one grant or scholarship application per day?