drknowsbest, Doctor
Experience:  DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health

I have a cough for about 3 weeks now it is not very productive.

I have a cough for about 3 weeks now it is not very productive. When I walk in the cold my cough seems to be worse my chest feels some what tight

drknowsbest : More likely by now you are suffering from reactive airways from the original infection. You may need antibiotics if it is a bronchitis but more likely with a long term cough that is worse with cold it is more swelling related
drknowsbest : This happens like how asthma happens after a cold or bronchitis
drknowsbest : Over 6 weeks it should resolve on its own but can be faster with an inhaler by prescrioopt
drknowsbest : If you feel like you are wheezing in the cold then you should see your Dr for an inhaler as this Amy lead to a worsening infection but if the cough slows and you are otherwise able to do the activities you normally do without shortness of breath you can try waiting it out until the 6 week mark
drknowsbest : If not more questions please press accept so we may sign off