physician123
physician123, Doctor
Experience:  MD
16173041

I had a bi-opsy on a breast lump 8 days ago. It came to be

Customer Question

I had a bi-opsy on a breast lump 8 days ago. It came to be a fibroadenoma, they had to apply so much pressure to keep it in place to get the 4 by-opsyes. They also made 5 incisions to get those 4(dense tissue?) Will there be scare tissue that will make future ultra sounds hard to differentiate between the mass and scare tissue?
Category: Health
Expert:  physician123 replied 4 years ago.

physician123 :

Hello

physician123 :

Welcome to just answer

physician123 :

Please enter the chat

physician123 :

I am here to answer you

physician123 :

The scar tissue can be differentiated from a mass or lump with the help of sono mammography

physician123 :

Thus that is not a worry here

physician123 :

The present findings do go in your medical records and can be used in the future for comparison as well

physician123 :

Fibroadenomas are benign lesions and most of the times these do not cause a problem . These lesions do not increase the risk of breast cancer unless there is a complex fibroadenoma which may consist of calcification or cysts or dense tissue thus you should discuss this with your doctor in regard to a regular follow up . This too only increases the risk of developing a cancer slightly and not drastically .

physician123 :

I hope you are getting my point ?

physician123 :

I wish your all the best and great health
Take care and god bless.

I hope this answers you and helps you with your apprehensions.
Do let me know if you have any further doubts or any clarifications.
Please click on the green accept button if this answers you as it is only then that will I be credited for my work.
Thank you

physician123 :

Please reply by typing in the box below

physician123 :

Please hit the green accept button in order to accept the answer if this answers you .

JACUSTOMER-ewuv8mxk- :

i have done some research on my own and you have confirmed that i need to know from my dr. what type of adenoma it is, simple or complex. thankyou

physician123 :

Yes this is important and the biopsy would have also helped with the same

physician123 :

I wish you all the best

physician123 :

Please hit accept in order to accept the answer.

physician123 :

Thank you.....

JACUSTOMER-ewuv8mxk- :

Do you think underwire bras cause some of these adenomas, the mild pressure? and if the mass remains in can it block the view of what might be behind it? After he Biopsy and the mass has been disturbed can any of the cells escape and cause new ones? It is also close to lymph nodes. I hear stories of people i know that got false negatives and had to have double mastectomys. I know i need to know first wether mine was simple or complex right.

physician123 :

The bras do not cause these adenomas .....reproductive hormones are thought to bring these adenomas on

physician123 :

These do not block the views and the imaging studies do give a complete view

physician123 :

So you need not worry

physician123 :

As I did mention these are fairly common and usually harmless

physician123 :

I wish you all the best

physician123 :

Take care .../

physician123 :

I hope this answers you .....

physician123 :

Please do hit accept

physician123 :

Thank you ...