Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

My Aunt has suffered from some kind of condition for the past

My Aunt has suffered from some kind of condition for the past 16 years, at about 10:30 p:m both her legs start to itch from the knee down to the foot on the front of the leg also there is a tightening sensation around the knee, this lasts to about 12:00 noon the next day. To aleviate the itching sensation she either rubs her legs togeter or walks both of which prevent her from sleeping; her Family Doctor has not been able to solve this matter. She has suffered from migraine headaches in the past which are better now and she takes 2 tylenol a day for this problem.
My aunt gets vitamin B12 injections in her neck, one on each side dosage 500 MG. every 15 days and aslo takes 1 Vitamin B12 tablet a day I,000 MG.

Her other Meds are as follows:
SYNTHROID .125 MG.
VENLAFAXINE HCL XR 37.5 MG.
APO-ALENDRONATE 70 MG.
APO-AMITRIPTYLINE 25 MG.
ATACAND 16 MG.
APO-ATENIDONE 100&25 100MG./25MG.
APOGLYBURIDE 2.5 MG.
ENTROPHEN 325 MG.
TYLENOL NO. 3 30 MG.
APO-PERPHENAZINE 2 MG.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

A likely cause of her symptoms is neuropathy. A nerve conduction test would be beneficial. I recommend she see a neurologist or physical medicine and rehab doctor regarding this for the can perform the test. Causes of this can be from vitamin b12 deficiency (which appears that she is being treated for), thyroid disease (again she is being treating for with synthroid), diabetes, autoimmune disorders. Treatment will depend on the exact cause.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any further questions please ask. Otherwise please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards

Customer:

What would be preferred a neurologist or physical medicine and rehab doctor?

Dr. Singh :

Both types of specialist are well versed in this. One is not better than the other.

Customer:

Why does this occur only at these times and not during the day?

Dr. Singh :

It can be due to use during the day causing inflammation or swelling at night leading to these symptoms

Customer:

If she does the nerve conduction test can the problem be solved??????????

Dr. Singh :

With the nerve conduction study, a diagnosis can be made. Depending on what the diagnosis is, treatment can relieve symptoms

Customer:

Anything else you can add and thank you

Dr. Singh :

I think that is where you need to begin in order to find the exact cause of those symptoms

Dr. Singh :

You are welcome.

Dr. Singh :

If no further questions, please click accept.