Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

Please help me. I had protected sex with 2 escort last week

Please help me. I had protected sex with 2 escort last week on separate days. i have never done it before. I was stressed and realized now it was a very stupid mistake. After ejaculate, the semen was still in condom and i have no std history. I have not sores, open wound on scrotum or any areas nearby it. THe escort never accept sex without condoms, and they are not street hookers. I took std test 5 days after the exposure and expect to have the result in this week. I am really scared right now even i know my chance is low (i know that even having unprotected sex, the chance from female to male is still low and ofcourse with condom (protection), it is almost no risk. I can tell that it was no breakage because i can feel that after my ejaculation, the the semen still in the condom. I just have to take the std test and hiv just for reassurance. Please and please let me know my chance of getting infected with HIV or Std. Thanks. I want to move on and have a good healthy life...it is sooo wrong. Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 2 years ago.
I can see you asked the same question several times. You have already had the tests done, so there is nothing that you need to do right now about this till the results are back. As you know your chances of getting an STD from this encounter are very low. But slight risk is there, so you should avoid this type of sexual behavior in future. Try to relax for now and don't think about it too much. Take a walk or do some exercise whenever you feel too anxious.
Regards.
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience: MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what about the chance of getting infected with HIV, is it lower or higher than STD? Thanks. I am mad worried for my life...
THanks.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 2 years ago.
HIV is an STD. Risk if HIV is also lower as is for other STDs. When compared to more common STDs like chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis etc, risk of HIV would be lower in your case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it really true that if you have sex UNprotected, the chance of getting HIV is 1/1000 acts? Thanks. So having condoms can really help then. So i should not worry about HIV now but only about other std such as syphilis andchlamydia..right?
THanks so much
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that 1/1000 statistic is just about correct. And using condoms will further decrease the chance. But that's not to say that having protected sexual intercourse with multiple partners or with sex workers is safe.
Regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so what are the risks please tell me, if you saying that is not safe when having sex with sex workers. I know that it is not safe, but i really worry about myself. I am still young and still have school. I am depressed because i thought condoms is really safe and effective. STD is treatable but i donlt want to be infected by HIV, that chance 1/1000 but not solely based on sex workers right? so if you have sex with escorts, that chance is not 1/1000, that should be way higher than that? IF that is true, i am really in danger right now.
Please help. I bet there are thousands of sex workers out there, and millions of people like me pay for sex, wow, so every one then ends up getting HIV then. I am really scared
Please help
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 2 years ago.
The risk is there because condoms can break, and also there can be exchange of some body fluids from oral sex etc. So the risk is never zero. The best way to eliminate risk is to avoid such high risk sexual activity.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i had condom all the way since the begining of the sex. She did a blowjiob with condom. Does it reduce the risk as well. I want to know my max risk to have HIV. It was a safe sex, but i still worry...the question what if the condom has small hole and i donlt even know?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 2 years ago.
I understand you are having a lot of anxiety about what recently took place. There is always risk of contracting an STD such as HIV. There are a number of scenarios you can play in your head with the "what if's" but you will not know for sure unless you get yourself tested. Therefore it is advisable that you get tested 3 and 6 months after exposure for HIV. If those tests are negative they will provide you with some peace of mind. In the meantime please try to refrain from such risky behavior.

Regards
Dr. Singh, Doctor