Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I have been diagnosed with heel spurs and bursitus . They

I have been diagnosed with heel spurs and bursitus . They put me on steroids and wrapped my feet. Tomorrow the wrap comes off. The xrays showed the left foot having the worst of the spurs but it is my right foot which hurts the most.
What is the best way to ice my heel. Is there is cold wrap I can buy, something I can use and still walk. Question one
Question two: What are the orthotics they will most likely recommend and is something made for me especially as good as something I can order from the internet for a whole lot less?
Question three: I am going to Israel in 4 weeks, can this be solved by then?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

Hi, 1. You can buy those freezable ice packs and keep it on your heel by the way of an Ace wrap. Orthotics will vary depending on what other problems you have with your feet such as your arch, pressure points, etc. You can ask your doctor about online companies that sell the orthotics they recommend for you. They usually have a list of resources for that. These typically can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks to resolve. It all depends on the person.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any further questions please ask. Otherwise please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards

Customer:

How often should I put ice on it? I have to travel for work weekly - hard to wear shoes and ice packs. Does staying off my feet really help. My job makes that difficult to say the least.

Dr. Singh :

You should try to put it on as much as possible to help with the inflammation. At least 3-4 times a day for 1/2 an hour. But longer if possible. Yes trying to stay off your feet will help as it will decrease inflammation.

Customer:

Last question: The steroids don't seem to have work. Still in pain, what are the next steps I can expect to get enough for allot of walking in 4 weeks in israel for a week and traveling every week for work until then?

Dr. Singh :

Steriod injections may be the next step if oral medications have not helped.

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX afraid of that. Is it a set of shots or will one do it usually. I travel weekly so doctor appointments are hard for me to make. Sorry, just trying to be prepared.I have to be pain free for my trip.

Dr. Singh :

Usually one shot (given usually in multiple places) helps relieve inflammation. But it varies from patient from patient. I understand your concerns with your job, no need to apologize.

Dr. Singh :

Do you have any further questions?

Customer:

nope, thanks....

Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience: MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.