Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

What does my MRI mean? C4/5- Mild disc height loss and degeneration.

What does my MRI mean? C4/5- Mild disc height loss and degeneration. Mild bilateral uncovertebral joint hypertrophy is demonstrated. This is associated w/mild left foraminal narrowing. C5/6- Discogenic end plate edema from early Schmorl's node formation is present. Mild bilateral unconvertebral joint hypertrophy is demonstrated. This is associated w/mild left foraminal narrowing. C6/7- Left uncovertebral joint hypertrophy is present of moderate degree. This is associated w/moderate left unconvertebral foraminal narrowing and mild right foraminal narrowing.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
The MRI readings are interpreted as follows:
1. In your neck, the 4th and 5th discs have lost some height and show degenerative changes. Also there is some narrowing of the foramen (which is a passage through which your nerves pass).
2. between the 5th and 6th discs in your neck, there is some cartilage protrusions present between the two disc as well as narrowing of the foramen.
3. between the 6th and 7th same thing with the narrowing.

All in all these findings are suggestive of some degeneration of your cervical spine, consistent with some degree of arthritis.

If you have any further questions, please ask. Otherwise please click accept.
Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So is it normal to be in constant pain...I have a burning sensation in my shoulder at all times, numbness in my pinky and ring finger and on most days I can't lift my arm above my head. Plus on and off headaches. Does any of this have anything to do with the reverse curvature of my neck? What should my doctor be recommending?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
The symptoms you are describing sound consistent with a pinched nerve. An MRI of the shoulder may be warranted to see if the nerve is pinched further down and not in the neck itself. Constant pain is not normal nor is the inability to lift your arm. I recommend you talk to your doctor about this. Depending on where the nerve is pinched you may have a few options such as physical therapy, chiropractor, surgery, etc to correct to the problem. Reverse curvature of your spine may be involved to some degree, but would not cause all of your symptoms.

Regards