Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I took the 6 day pack of Medrol, and it made me sluggish and

I took the 6 day pack of Medrol, and it made me sluggish and wired at the same time. I finished it a little less than 2 weeks ago, and my energy has still not returned to normal, nor has the ability to sleep normally. How long does it take to get your system back to normal?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Medrol can cause the symptoms. But they usually resolve in few days. May I ask why you were prescribed Medrol?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For a sinus infection that would not go away, to get the inflammation down in the sinuses. I'm on my 5th round of antibiotics, am feeling better, but low on energy. Had a CT scan of sinuses done plus blood work - basic stuff plus checking immune system and all came back normal.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
In your case, we have multiple possible causes for fatigue. Prolonged infection, nutritional deficiency associated with prolonged infection and medication side effects can also cause your symptoms even after the infection has resolved. Medrol is a strong corticosteroid and can cause tiredness for long period. I would suggest waiting for another 1-2 weeks to allow your body to recover. If symptoms do not resolve, do see your doctor for follow up.