Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have a light tingling sensation off and on on my left arm

I have a light tingling sensation off and on on my left arm at the top and it goes down to my thumb.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
LIkely causes of the tingling sensation your are experiencing in your left arm are a pinched nerve. I recommend that you see your doctor about this to have an xray/MRI of your neck and arm to further evaluate for this. In the meantime resting your arm and not doing as many repetitive arm movements is recommended for with excessive use you can get inflammation which can cause further impingement of the nerve.

If you have any further questions please ask. Otherwise please click accept.
Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's not like a pinched nerve, it does not go but from the top side of my arm between the elbow and down to just my thumb kind of like it it feels when it is trying to go to sleep but not in my intire arm. it is like something crawling through the hair on my arm if that makes any sense.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
What you describe is consistent with a pinched nerve. More specifically a nerve of the C6 root (one which comes down from your neck). Therefore an x-ray of your cervical spine would be able to provide further information. So please see your doctor regarding this.

Again, if you have any further questions please ask. Otherwise please click accept.
Regards