Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

my 3 year old son has been very tired the past 4 days. he will

my 3 year old son has been very tired the past 4 days. he will sleep a full night of 10 hours. since he was 1 he has refused naps, but the last 4 days he has demanded them asking that we lay down with him. he sleeps for 2 hours for his nap, but when it is time to wake him up he tells you that he needs more sleep time. this is a change because he has always been very active and non stop. now he will stop playing to go lay down, even if it is on the grass at the park

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

Has your son complained of anything else other than being tired? Have you noticed any other change in him?

Customer:

he is very verbal, and as a paramedic I went through everything I could think of and he complains of nothing. he actually got mad and told me very firmly that he is not sick. There have been no other changes with him lately

Customer:

His medical history,

Customer:

small heart murmur that has never been fully diagnosed because his ped. felt it was not severe enough

Dr. Singh :

any other history?

Customer:

he fell out of a shopping cart when he was 20 months but was diagnosed with a mild cuncussion. no problems since.

Customer:

no allergies

Dr. Singh :

does he sleep through the night?

Customer:

only for the past 3 months. before that he would wake 1-2 times a night but only for a minute or two

Dr. Singh :

any new stressors in his life?

Dr. Singh :

how is his appetite?

Customer:

no his life is pretty structured with no recent changes other than him demanding to go to school, but he hasn't started yet. he is a nervous child and bites his nails occasionaly, we think he picked it up from his older brother

Customer:

he doesn't eat much, he never has, hates meat. so we give him yogurt and tofu

Dr. Singh :

ok.

Dr. Singh :

thank you for the additional information

Dr. Singh :

Common causes of fatigue in children are often sleep disturbances or stress. As this does not seem to be the case medical causes need to be explored. These include infection (which is not as likely in your son since he exhibits no other symptoms of infection), anemia (likely secondary to poor diet), vitamin deficiency (also likely given diet), thyroid disease, diabetes etc. I recommend that you have him seen by his pediatrician to test for these causes of his fatigue.

Dr. Singh :

I see that you are offline now. If you have any questions, please ask. Otherwise please click accept. Regards

Customer:

we supplement with a multi vitamin. can this wait till we get an appointment, we are going to disneyland tomorrow for his first time. Or should we insist on a urgent appointment as soon as possible

Dr. Singh :

This can wait to schedule an appointment. However should he start exhibiting other symptoms then he should be seen sooner.

Customer:

perfect thank you for your time