Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have a tingling on the left side of my stomach, outside slight

Customer Question

I have a tingling on the left side of my stomach, outside slight burning tingleing feeling
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me exactly where this is and can you describe it a bit more? How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its on the left side of my abdomen above my waist line. Its been going for for about 4 days. It feels like small pins being pushed from the outside inward. on a pain level i would say a 2 on 1 to 10 scale. More annoying as when my shirt brushes it is when I feel it the most.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So it seems to be in the abdominal wall and not deeper? How large an area? Ever had this kind of sensation before anywhere else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The feeling is in an area about 3 inches in circle. I have never felt this before. The feeling is on the surface only not deep in the abdomial wall at all.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--your other medical conditions and medications? Have you had chickenpox in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I had Chicken Pox when I was 18. No regular medication being taken . No medical conditions. Very Healthy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, most likely this is shingles and the characteristic rash hasn't erupted as yet. If the sensation were from this area around and to the back, then there might be a problem with a disk. If you do have the outbreak, acyclovir can help shorten the course, but shingles will eventually resolve on its own.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is not a sign of any blisters or skin disorder in this area. I am headed out of the country next week ( china) do you recommend any medication that might prevent the blisters from appearing?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Acyclovir, if started now, could prevent the blistering. As I said, shingles most often begins with an itching or burning sensation with absolutely no change in the appearance of the skin.