Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have L5,6,7 ruptured discs in my spine with severe nerve

I have L5,6,7 ruptured discs in my spine with severe nerve involvement. I also have 3 bone spurs. the pain has pretty much let up I now just have a lot of tingling and am losing alot of strength in my arm. is it possible the discs are better and this is unrelated? I am having a new MRI next week. My Dr. says surgery needs to be done to avoid further loss of movement of arm. I am unsure
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

The tingling and the loss of muscle strength is a result of nerve involvement secondary to the ruptured discs/spurs. I agree with having a repeat MRI to see if your injury has remained the same or changed. I do agree that since you are having the symptoms you are having surgery would prevent further damage and help you get started towards your recovery in regaining strength.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any further questions, please ask. If no further questions, please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards