Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

For the first time I have a lab result of mild elevated serum

For the first time I have a lab result of mild elevated serum glucose. The symptoms I have
noticed are: Increased salivation. Slight dizziness, slight nausea and fatique, and continuous slight hunger even an hour after meals.

This may indicate incipient type 2 diabetes. In additional to my allopathic doctor, what homeopathic remedies should I take and which potencies?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
I would like to help but need some additional information.

Did you have a HbA1c test done? If so what was the result?
If not, how high are your serum glucose levels? And were these results fasting or non-fasting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I don't think I had the HbAlc test, but I don't know what that is. The serum glucose was fasting and it was about 25 points over normal.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Ok.

A HbA1c is a blood test which is drawn and can tell you what your average blood sugar has been over 3 months. It is a good test to determine where you stand. I recommend you do have that drawn to get a better idea of where you are.

If your fasting blood sugar is 25 points above normal, then there are some things you can do on your own, such as regular exercise (40-50 minutes of moderate exercise 4-5 times a week) as well as watching what you eat (cutting down on carbs, sugars, etc). Ultimately a HbA1c level will indicate exactly how (un)controlled your sugars are and the proper measures to take towards correcting them before complications occur. So please see your regular physician regarding this.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. Otherwise please click accept.
Regards