Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

my nose whistles most of the time in the last few months especially

my nose whistles most of the time in the last few months especially when i try to clear it. it never seems to clear and i cant sleep with it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.

DR HASAN :

HI

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your question

DR HASAN :

I am an Ear, Nose & Throat specialist and wants to help you.

DR HASAN :

Any diagnosed nose problem?

DR HASAN :

Any previous surgery?

Customer:

no diagnosed problem or surgery to nose

DR HASAN :

Do you get crusting in the nose?

Customer:

yes

DR HASAN :

bleeding?

Customer:

just at one side

Customer:

i used to but not anymore

DR HASAN :

have you used anything in nose or used any instrument in nose like for picking hair or for itching?

Customer:

no

DR HASAN :

ok fine

DR HASAN :

any diagnosed medical problem

Customer:

no

DR HASAN :

Ok thanks for your input

DR HASAN :

This can happen due to either crusting in the nose itself or it can occur due to a perforation in your nasal septum

Customer:

crusting started years ago after a breast abscess opperation the nose bleed after the opperation n crusted and bleed but never cleared properly

DR HASAN :

nasal septum is present in the middle of nose and if it get perforated due to any cause like some granulamotus disease , like some drug side effect etc

DR HASAN :

nasal septal mucosa helps to send the secretions in the back of throat and if there is perforation the secretions get stick there and after getting dry form crust

Customer:

not a drug side affect only ever taken painkillers

DR HASAN :

just mentioning for your info

DR HASAN :

you need to see ENT doctor for this

DR HASAN :

but i can suggest you something being ENT doctor

DR HASAN :

you like alternative medicine so here it goes

DR HASAN :

Take one liter water , add one table spoon of baking soda and one table spoon of table salt

DR HASAN :

wash you nose from inside with it daily three times

DR HASAN :

put liquid paraffin nasal drops in your nose, two drops thrice daiy, its just like glycerine

DR HASAN :

These two things will help you a lot

DR HASAN :

Whistling may need perforation closure by ENT

DR HASAN :

but decrease in the crusting due to my remidies will help whistling to some extent also

Customer:

is this a big procedure?

DR HASAN :

no

DR HASAN :

because if doctor confirms that there is a perforation , he can put a silastic button there to close it

DR HASAN :

he will advise this according to the size and location

Customer:

thanks for your help

DR HASAN :

you are most welcome

DR HASAN :

i wish that you get well soon

DR HASAN :

please click accept if i have answered your question

DR HASAN :

regards

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery