Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

If I did not have this problem before I was traumatised day

Customer Question

If I did not have this problem before I was traumatised day after day for about ten months in the military in 1967 to 1968, How can I tie the Presist Post Concussion Syndrome to the traumatizing when it all started?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me more about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for being patient with me I do the best I can. what I need to tell you will take two or three pages, but I will try to this in short ....In 1961 I was run over by a hourse while I was riding a bicycle the hourse hit me then I hit the ground, twice I was hit and my still bike was beyound repair I was unconcious for some six to seven hours then help came, I was unable to do any thing for some three- four weeks, from1961-1964 I got better then I only hurt some and I would stop what ever I was going, Then 1967 I was OK so I join the military and all the jumping,runing,exercising,and then to noise.my head started hurting so bad just like it was when I was run over by that horse, only they called it tention headaches, but my head never hurt or any other symptoms acted up until some thing agitaed or aggravated my brain by type shaken action. Is there a way for me to get this tied together?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
First--what studies have been done to get at the cause? Can you describe this headache problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a fifty one year old concussion that have never been attended to or properly diagnosised even through militray service. only a CT scan last year and that is all. see fifty years ago black were not yet where they are today, civil rights were not yet past. at that time when we were so poor we never went to a doctor . if you got hurt you lived or died it was by the grace of GOD I am living now. this headache problem come on when anything agitate or aggravate my brain in jaring or shaken or noise.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--can you tell me all you can about the headache? How often do you get it and how long does it last? And are you saying there's a problem with you getting the military to classify this as service related?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I knew nonthing about a concussion or concussion syndrome until about a year ago when I was at the office depot asking a woman about looking into the computor to see what my symptoms would pull as my problem, a man was behind me and told the lady to pull up Presist Post Concussion Syndrome and there they were eveything I suffered from. I started studting every I could about what was going on.......This man was a Dr. at North Carolina State University Neurology Reseach .......... Yes as I looked back over my medical records and when my headaches started and why they were started and what caused them to start all over again like they were in 1961 when it all started. yes I want this to be classified as what it is service connected they know by the records it is but it has never been diagnosis although it is in records. I don't understand but that is my problem. I need a Dr to look at my medical records and chekk me out....I really need HELP inany way I can get it. I only had a computor for six weeks and I have learned this much to get HELP....THANKS
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have you seen a neurologist outside the VA system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I have not they are all the insurance I have

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--how would you like me to help you with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a man that know very little about these kind of things. but I do know I need some help, you seem to be someone that want to really help me.thanks..I need for you if you can see if I can be seen by neurologist and they study or look over my records to see what I can do to futher the study in the Presist Post Concussion Syndrome Research and at the same time by studying my fifty year old unattended concussion that have fortyfour of PPCS syndrome symptoms from being traumatized day after day for about ten months, that really should have killed me, but again I lived.....can you help me..please.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'll try my best, XXXXX XXXXX do care about your problem. Have you thought about talking to an attorney about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I have though about talking to an attorney, but I am down south in Nashville Tn. the good old boys stick together and I Can't find one here that I would trust, I just found a list I will start checking out ......again I say thanks.......I truly believe that I have suffered things I myself don't know about yet that will take PPCS research to another level I have suffered by myself not knowing what was going on, just taking it cause I didn't know any thing to do ...... all the self diagnsising I have done by the way I was feeling after a fall, sliding down to the next step ,or even being arunnd noise, like a machine without a muffler and the vibration from it cause a major headache,all this with the ringing in my ears almost have me crazy,but some how I get past it all. GOD it is good talking to you I haven't talked like this in a long time...again I say thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Before we close--and I'll be happy to continue talking to you--if your case was denied by the military, what reason specifically was given?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need new and material evidence at frist, but now after my last letter of disagreement they are beganing to see what I have been saying by the way there letter read.I will be talking to you tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So you want to continue this tomorrow?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes; see I have a response four days after my last letter back to them, but then they sent me another one fourteen days later and they are talking like they understand but they will come back to where they will want Neurologist to make that connection.. Yes we will come back to this evening,but give me a final resoonse.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--I think you have a good legal argument for this being accepted as a service related disorder and what you need is an evaluation by an independent neurologist that hopefully a lawyer can arrange for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I Accept Answer can I still talk to you tomorrow?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely--this page will still be open for another two days.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for taking time and making me see a few things I could not see bebore and had no knowledge of, Now I have a list of attorneys and I will look it over and call and get information that I need.......Now I need to know how do get back to you when I need to talk to you in the future?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just either go to my profile and type your question in there or start a question with "For Dr. Chip only." Glad I could be of help and I'll be here anytime you need me.