Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

FL gd

Customer Question

I have a pain in the front of my thigh, how would I know when to get it checked out incase it's a clot?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 4 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
What is the severity of pain?
Is there any other known medical illness?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just started this morning, the pain feels like an ache in the thigh muscle.. No other known illness
The thigh pain you are having can be due to peripheral artery disease (PAD)/blood clot.Blood clots can form is the deep veins of the leg, causing a blockage in circulation. This may cause pain in the front of thigh.

Osteomyelitis or infection of the bone present in the thighs, is one of the common causes of pain in the thigh.Degenerative bone disease such as osteoporosis can also cause this.

So yes,you need to get tested & ruled out for blood clot.You need ultrasound scan of the leg, D-dimer blood test, doppler studies, electromyography and nerve conduction studies,certain blood tests,electro physiological studies.I advice you to go to ER for examination & evaluation & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No need for all that, went to the hospital and was told its not thrombosis related
Its good to know that the symptoms are not due to thrombosis or blood clot.Then most likely this can be due to muscular strain.Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Apply ointment Emulgel.Its active ingredient diclofenac sodium, belongs to a drug category called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAID’s) It will reduce the inflammation & pain.Massage the area a few minutes every hour. This is supposed to decrease swelling and increase blood flow.

Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX dr also said that I should take 400mg ibuprofen 3 times a day