Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I have been getting not sure what they are but starts as a

I have been getting not sure what they are but starts as a lump in my vaginal area and within few days seems is sore to touch and then like a pimple. If I squeeze it, it hurts but eventually pops with all this puss coming out then goes away.. I get them few times a year, simetimes after I have shave sometimes not. Current with pap smears and been tested for all std.. All clear, is this maybe an ingrown hair or cyst and how do u get them
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 4 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Are you sexually active now?
When were you tested for STD's?
Is it a single or multiple pimples?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes sexually active with one partner, std check up and pap smear last June had one prior and one since, get about 3-4 year
This seems to be due to a condition called as folliculitis(infection from ingrown hair).It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.Also there is possibility of Herpes.Herpes usually hurts and is described as a “sore” more than as a bump.But as you are already tested & ruled out,this is less likely cause.

You need physical examination by your doctor & prescription antibiotic medication.Also anti fungal medication may be required.So make an appointment with your dermatologist for examination.Till then apply ointment containing fusidic acid and betamethasone.It is available as over the counter without prescription.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is only one pimple but right now I can feel a lump, is it best to just leavei it alone or just squeeze it. If it was gen herpes would my partner have any symptoms
Genital herpes is a less likely possibility.Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection.Any type of skin-to-skin contact, however, is capable of spreading herpes.This includes kissing, oral sex and contact with the genitals or anus.But this seems to be a less likely possibility.

Most likely this is ingrown hair/folliculitis.Do not squeeze it as this can spread the infection.Apply ointment vagmycin vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum antibiotic with an anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.If still the symptoms persists,then consult your doctor as oral antibiotics will be required accordingly.

Also please do not forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can get credit for the time & assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.Charles