DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

I have spinal muscular atrophy. (been in a wheelchair since

I have spinal muscular atrophy. (been in a wheelchair since i was 5 , now i am 21) my muscles will get weaker. my arm muscles are very thin, but my stomach is not.

i was wondering if it would be safe for me to use "the contour abs belt". i want to use it because lately i been gaining weight and my stomach in specific keeps growing and its getting difficult for people to carry me. could this help me lose weight? i've tried to go on a diet but it doesn't seems to help.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
You can use it.
Of course check with your doctors.

the only problem is that it is not proven to really help with weight loss.

It could conceivably tone up muscles and skin.
And probably is safe to use.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.