Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)

I swallowed a chewable amoxicillin and it stuck in my throat.

Customer Question

I swallowed a chewable amoxicillin and it stuck in my throat. I have had three glasses of water in the last 10 minutes.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. You have any discomfort right now or any shortness of breath? Any difficulty in speaking or any nausea, vomiting? Have you tried to eat any thing or difficulty in swallowing after that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No nausea/vomiting. Not tried to eat, I'm afraid that would get stuck too. My voice is hoarse and although I can speak, it is uncomfortable. No shortness of breath. hurts to swallow.
Thanks for the details. I would like to say that the best course of action is to take bananas if available at home. You don't have any shortness of breath so this means its not in the respiratory pipe. I will still suggest to visit ER for examination of throat under direct vision and they will also remove the amoxicllin pill in case if it is really stucked in the throat as most of the time it is due to sensation. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks very much. The banana took care of it!
You welcome. I am very happy that it worked for you. Don't forget to leave a feedback in feedback section. Best wishes for you.