Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Customer Question

I have been using Mintop 10% (1ml twice a day) and Follyhair tablet (10mg a day) from the past 3 weeks and I am experiencing a major hair loss in the other parts of my head. I am just worrying if this is a usual thing to happen? Can I get my lost hair back?
Do I need to wait and see for few more weeks if Mintop 10 is working or not? I am just thinking to change to Mintop 5%... Can you please answer my questions and advise me of the right go.. Many Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago via AskDocWeb.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Actually, this may well be a sign that the Mintop is working and what's happening is the older hairs are shedding and newer ones are growing even in the areas that you weren't trying to treat. This could also be an inflammatory reaction of your scalp. For now I suggest holding off for about two weeks and then starting again at the lower dose. This doesn't mean you won't regrow the hair you're losing.