DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

My 78 yr old Dad has Parkinsons, has has several small strokes

My 78 yr old Dad has Parkinson's, has has several small strokes that have damaged the left side of his brain and also dimentia. His stroke Dr. recently referred him to a mobility Dr. His mobility is very limited and he struggles with a walker and falls quite often. His memory comes and goes. There are times he is in a complete fog and gets very aggitated. As I have never heard of this type of Dr. my Mom is questioning whether to follow through with this appt. He also now is incontinent. I would like to take him and see but am also unsure what to do as he gets so stressed anytime he has a Dr appt.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello
I believe you are referring to a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor is the official name.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We were told it was a doctor that specialty in mobility?
Yes this is a PM&R doc.
This is the most important doctor out of anyone he could see.
Without working on this physical medicine and using these techniques he is likely to decline much more rapidly.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.