Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Afternoon Doctors, My name isXXXXX 6 weeks ago, I started getting a tingling

Afternoon Doctors,
My name isXXXXX 6 weeks ago, I started getting a tingling feeling in my left hand. It comes and goes but it annoying. Every so often it runs up my left arm. I ran into a friend at my gym and he told me some horror story where the same thing happened to his brother and he had a brain tumor and died in 6 months. WebMD say it could be Carpel Tunnel. I also heard that same diagnosis from a doctor client of my wife. I'm in between benefit plans and a little scared. Benefits start in 60 days. Any thoughts? One last thing, I even started feeling a dull ache on the right side of my head on top. Further making think I have a brain tumor. Freaking out.....

Paul

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

The numbness and tingling in your left hand is more likely from a pinched nerve such as carpal tunnel, or a pinched nerve higher up. A brain tumor is less likely and would be accompanied by other symptoms such as headaches, nausea, vomiting, gait disturbances, vision disturbances, etc. I understand that you are inbetween benefits, so I therefore recommend that you buy a wrist splint and wear it to see if it helps. When you are able to see a doctor please do. If you develop other symptoms or if your symptoms worsen then you should see a doctor sooner.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any additional questions, please ask. If no further questions, please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards