Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics

Hello - I have never completed an IQ test nor a psychiatric

Hello - I have never completed an IQ test nor a psychiatric initial assessment. Is there baseline testing on both that a doctor is prepared to conduct with me?

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
Hello Kim,

Could you please mention all of your symptoms so that I can suggest you a test.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had minor depression diagnosed at different times along with some other health issues throughout my life. I am far from what people would describe as 'typical' or 'normal' and whilst I am currently undergoing full physical medical review at age 36, I would like the opportunity to look at other aspects of my health that I haven't discussed with professionals previously.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply Kim.

We usually suggest tests on the basis of symptoms a patient is presenting with.

There are certain online screening tests available for various psychiatric disorder which may give you a hint about the possibility of presence of any mental disorder but still a visit to a psychiatrist is essential for diagnosis.

Psychological Tests and Quizzes

A baseline psychiatric evaluation mainly consist of history taking and doing a detailed mental status examination which is not possible on internet and you have to visit a psychiatrist in hospital or clinic. Your GP can refer you to a psychiatrist.

Please click the link below to find out more about mental status examination.

Mental status examination

Best wishes,

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated