DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD
8742629

Ive been having these weird heat sensations in my mid back,

I've been having these weird heat sensations in my mid back, but they have now moved to my upper shoulders/back and upper arms...sometimes it feels like water trickling down my neck to those areas. It also feels like a hot water pack on my back, or a cold sensation one would feel once it was removed. It always happens in the evenings. I also have trouble maintaining my body temp and get cold/hot easily when no one else does. This has been going on for a couple of years. 6 years ago I also had a severe case of rosacea and was tested for lupus, it was negative. I had blood work done about a year ago and was told everything was in the normal range. I also have issues with Restless leg syndrome when I feel hot. Could this be a thyroid issue or neural problem? I’m only 32, my periods are regular and know I don’t have early menopause.

DR MED MD :

Here to help you with my expert advice and medical knowledge!!!

DR MED MD :

DR MED MD :

any blood test for thyroid levels?

Customer:

they did a normal blood work up, not sure if that was part of it

DR MED MD :

thyroid TSH, T3 AND T4 levels?

DR MED MD :

Any tingling along with hot/warm sensation?

Customer:

sorry, I'm not sure...I don't have a copy of the results.

Customer:

Yes, it feels like warm water under my skin

DR MED MD :

Is this sensation localized to one point only or diffuse?

Customer:

It varies. It used to be localized to my middle back. Although, recently it has been in my upper back, shoulders, and upper arms...currently in all those areas at once.

DR MED MD :

This can be due to nerve irritation or entrapment of nerve in the spine. Diabetes, thyroid disease, neuropathy can have a burning sensation.

DR MED MD :

You should get few investigation done to find out exact cause.

DR MED MD :

Investigations like MRI of back , electromyography (EMG), Nerve conduction velocity study, Estimation of the Vitamin B1, B6, B12 in the blood , thyroid function test and blood test to rule out diabetes.

Customer:

I had the fasting blood glucose test and it was 100, which I understand to be in the high normal range.

DR MED MD :

it is little above normal..

DR MED MD :

What was your blood sugar level after eating good.

Customer:

I've never taking my blood sugar after eating.

DR MED MD :

This dose not indicate diabetes.

DR MED MD :

Fasting plasma glucoseshould be below 6.1 mmol/l (110 mg/dl). Fasting levels between 6.1 and 7.0 mmol/l (110 and 125 mg/dl) are borderline ("impaired fasting glycaemia"), and fasting levels repeatedly at or above 7.0 mmol/l (126 mg/dl) are diagnostic of diabetes

DR MED MD :

You should get other test .. MRI of back will require to rule out pinched nerve..

Customer:

Okay, I will look into that. Thank you for your time, this will help inform my doctor.

DR MED MD :

i hope this helped.

DR MED MD :

Please do press on ACCePT before you leave... Thanks

Customer:

It does quite a bit thank. Now I know what to ask for. Much appreciated.

Customer:

Will do.

DR MED MD :

If you have any doubt please do feel free to ask.

DR MED MD :

Thanks