Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

I have benign cyclical neutropenia. My neutrophils are really

I have benign cyclical neutropenia. My neutrophils are really low. My lymphocytes, thrombocytes, and monocytes are pretty high. My red blood counts are normal. I am going to a hematologist on Monday, but I want to know what my symptoms might mean beforehand so I am prepared for the visit.

I also have bubbles in my urine, and it has a strange smell to it. I used to have blood vessels clogging my right ureter, which caused my right kidney to swell. I had surgery to fix this in 2007, and it has seemed okay since then. (Until now, that is.)

My abdomen is swollen and tender. My stool has been black in color for about a week now. Before it was kind of a wet clay color. sometimes it looks like it has small clumps of fat stuck to it. This might not matter, but it's kind of weird.

I also have a lot of bruising. Sometimes it just appears. There are also groups of red dots that show up on my skin. I've heard that is called petechaie.

I have a ton of muscle cramping, especially at night. I also feel like I have a burning sensation and get really hot across my midsection at night. It seems to go away after an hour or so of falling asleep. I do get night sweats.

I get dizzy on and off now, too, whereas I didn't before.

I don't know if any of the symptoms are connected, but I thought I should mention them. I'm mostly concerned about the neutropenia and high counts for the other white blood cells. I did go to a hematologist a long time ago in 1997, who did a bone marrow biopsy. He told me that it looked like all of the neutrophils I had were healthy, but that I didn't seem to produce enough natural.

What do you think could be wrong?

The bruising and the red spots indicate that your platelet level is low and you are suffering from mild bleeds into the skin. The stools turning black could also be due to bleeding in the intestines - degenerated blood in the stool can make them look black.

The loss of blood through the petechia and the bleeding could be the cause of your fatigue and dizzyness.

Bubbles in the urine is usually due to the presense of protein in the urine. This, as well as the strange smell is indicative of a urinary tract infection. Muscle cramping and abdominal pain can also occur due to the same cause.

Low neutrophils and a high lymphocyte viral is a sign of a chronic infection - for example tuberculosis, malaria, Epstein Barr virus (EBV). It can also be due to diseases of the bone marrow such as leukemias, myelodysplastic syndrome, aplastic anemia.

The hematologist will probably order another bone marrow test as well as tests for the blood and urine.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.