Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I had a comminuted fracture of the lateral and medial malleolus

Customer Question

I had a comminuted fracture of the lateral and medial malleolus about 5 years ago and suffer to this day with varying degrees of pain and mobility daily. My job is on my feet so its difficult and very painful after some shifts. I worry about working. Am I to expect pain and limitations for life or should I be re-checking on this or going to a pain management clinic? I did make an appt recently for follow up at ortho and from there I am considering pain management. Is it normal to have continued pain and limitations after all this and is there more I can do? Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

After an injury such as yours some degree of pain is expected even 5 years out. However, if the pain or immobility is interfering with your daily life this needs to be reevaluated. I agree that you should revisit with the orthopaedist doctor and see what he/she recommends. I don't recommend that you see a pain management doctor at this time, I would await your doctors recommendations.

Customer:

Thank you. Any suggestions on how to help my foot or paon otherwise-things I can do?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I wondered if you had any more suggestions on things I can do for my foot?