CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I have a problem every now and then with muscle spasm or whatever

I have a problem every now and then with muscle spasm or whatever in the groin-pelvic-leg area. If I walk a good bit during the day like shopping, then the next day or two I can hardly walk because of the spasms and pain. Could this be arthritis or some other problem causing this problem?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. It may be due to over use of your groin muscles or it could be due to a problem in your lower back. There are some nerves in the pelvic area that can be affected when there is pressure ( irritation or swelling) placed upon them.

CamilleRN :

The best thing to do is to see your Doctor so he can examine you, isolate the cause, and offer treatment.

CamilleRN :

In the mean time... if it is muscle or arthritic in nature, it should respond well to anti inflammatories such as Ibuprofen ( per package directions) provided this is not contraindicated in your case ( doesn't conflict with anything you currently take)

Customer:

Thank you Camille. I will take your advice. I do have some pain in the lower back.

Customer:

Thanks. I appreciate your help.