Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have a small pimple less than 1mm diameter. I have had it

I have a small pimple less than 1mm diameter. I have had it for about a year, it isnt painful at all and doesnt bleed or discharge, but just looks a bit odd. Its like a spot that wont pop. There is only 1 I dont have any others in my groin area
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

Where exactly is this located?

Customer:

on the right hand side near the base of the head of the penis

Dr. Singh :

Any other symptoms?

Dr. Singh :

What color is it

Customer:

no

Customer:

white

Dr. Singh :

reddish as well?

Customer:

very slightly

Dr. Singh :

Ok.

Dr. Singh :

Thank you for the additional information. From what you describe you need to see a doctor and be tested for syphilis. As this can be an early sign of it. If it your tests comes back positive you will need treatment with penicillin.

Customer:

i can try and send a picture if that helps

Dr. Singh :

There is no need for that, as your your description and nature of this sore is consistent with a chancre which is an early sign of syphilis

Customer:

I thought syphilis had more symptoms with it, and given i have had this for nearly a year wouldnt I be experiencing other symptoms by now?

Dr. Singh :

You are correct that there are more symptoms associated with syphilis, but in early phase they may not always be present. It can sometime take a prolonged time for progression to other phases.

Customer:

how long would this symptom normally appear after initial infection. It is strange that it appeared after I had been with my girlfriend for several months and she had been tested for Stds before we met and was all clear.

Dr. Singh :

It can be silent for years after exposure.

Customer:

ok I will see the doctor. I have just read elsewhere that the chancre appears as a first symptom but normally disappears on its own accord after a few weeks even if untreated. How would this explain my symptom being there several months? or do they not always disappear without treatment

Dr. Singh :

That is correct not always sometimes they can persist

Customer:

you mentioned other symptoms- I do have a complaint with an itchy ears, which I was also going to see the doctor about this, its like an excema (possibly from swimming etc)and I have seen him before about this and was prescribed some cream which worked for a while but the infection seems to have come back. I also have an itchy anus could either of these be connected in some form

Customer:

i mean connected to the chancre

Dr. Singh :

No they are likely not related

Customer:

ok thanks

Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience: MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.