Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

So i have had a sore throat for a few dats and stuffy nose.

So i have had a sore throat for a few dats and stuffy nose. My ear has been getting on and off aches in my left ear for like a week or two. Now today it started aboit an hour ago most constant aching. Can it be the start of an ear infection. Im a 24 year old make with BAD healthy anxiety so i am fearing a brain tumor is causing it (if even possible). Are there anything i can put in my ear when i get home from work. I also grind my teeth alot too im sure it worsens it.

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

With the symptoms you describe you should see your doctor and have your ears examined. The symptoms you are experiencing could be secondary to an ear infection. If that is the case, then antibiotics will be recommended and your symptoms would improve shortly thereafter. Grinding of your teeth can certainly cause an ear ache, but with a stuffy nose and sore throat infection seems likely. If your doctor is able to see in your ears and does not see an infection, then trying mouth guards at night to help with the grinding is recommended.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any further questions please ask. If not, please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards

Customer: No brain tumor right ha
Dr. Singh :

No this is not consistent with a brain tumor.

Dr. Singh :

You need not worry.

Customer: Thanks!
Dr. Singh :

You are welcome. If no further questions, please click accept

Dr. Singh :

Regards

Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience: MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So my ear stopped hurting. But now my neck and back are stiff. And my throat is not sore but my voice is almost gone. Yesterday I work I was carrying steel at my job and what not, not sure if I did something to my neck, or if I slept on it wierd. But I dont know if im getting better or worse.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Doctor not online, no big deal.

Your neck and back stiffness is most likely due to carrying steel. Ibuprofen, rest, local analgesic cream and neck/back brace should be able to resolve it. The loss of voice can be due to reflux laryngitis. Following would be helpful;

1) Rest to throat; no talking!
2) Maalox / Tums
3) Prilosec / Nexium

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine