DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD

im losing my hair , i think may be its because my uncles from

im losing my hair , i think may be it's because my uncles from my mam side they also losing their hair. i went to doctor and pharmacists and described some medicine for me like

1. Prohair ( Finasteride ) 1 mg
2. Minoxidil 5%
3. Aminexil SP94

not sure if this is the right way ot deal with this problem and also i heard that Finasteride has some side effects on men.

can you advise me what is the best way to deal with this problem?

how to treat this hair loss?
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to just answer,

Here to help you with my expert advice and medical knowledge!!!You are right this drug i.e prohair or finasteride may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away-inability to have or maintain an erection, decreased sexual desire, decreased volume of ejaculate (amount of semen), pain in the testicles etc.Minoxidil will help to prevent hair loss and you have to use it for longer duration and effect will come slowly and you have to keep using it.You can also benefit from hair growth vitamins including Biotin, Silica and Cysteine.Some dermatologists feel that iron and Vitamin B 12 help too. These can be found in a multi-vitamin with iron.Keep you scalp clean and look for any infection or dandruff. IF present you should get immediate treatment.Eat a health and balanced diet.Hair loss will not suddenly decrease , it will slowly decrease.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for your response but is there any recommendation or recipe to use those vitamines which you have mentioned in you answer i.e Biotin, Silica, Cyteine? do i need to use them all? what doze i should take? hpw frequent? how many times?

Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.
The adequate intakes is for biotin 30 mcg for adults over 18 year in a day.

Cysteine is readily available in a variety of foods such as beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, dairy products, eggs, fish, garlic, meat, nuts, onions, red peppers, seafood, seeds, soy, whey, and whole grains.

You can also visit this link for products:

Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.
You should consult your doctor if possible a dermatologist before taking these medication.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more doubts/question.